Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Top 17 Female Serial Killer Quotations


A good share of the cases cited here are ones that have been completely overlooked by criminologists, including those crime scholars who specialize in the study of serial killers and female criminality.

***
Susan Atkins (Charles Manson “Family”) – Los Angeles, California – savagely murdered at least 9 persons (and perhaps more than 20 in total), including a pregnant woman (1969)

“Wow. What a trip! I thought, ‘To taste death, and yet give life.’ Have you ever tasted blood? It’s warm and sticky and nice.” (V, 400)

***
 
Clementine Barnabet – Lafayette, Louisiana – convicted of 17 murders, victims were “horribly mutilated” (1912)

“I killed them all, men, women and babies, and I hugged the babies to my breast. But I am not guilty of murder.”

***
Mary Flora Bell – Scotswood, England – Mary, just a child, attempted several murders and finally killed a 4-year-old boy just before her 11th birthday and another boy the two months later – 1968

“I like hurting people.”

***
Joanna Dennehy – Bifield, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England – She stabbed male strangers in the heart as a for of amusement, leaving 3 dead, 2 seriously wounded. (2013)
“I want my fun. I need you to get my fun.” She told her friend, when she asked him to provide transportation in her hunt for the next victim.

***
Elena Lobacheva – Moscow, Russia – 25-year old sexual sadist, with her 20-year-old male accomplice, whose alternative sexuality preference involved stabbing 12 men (up to 107 times), all strangers, randomly selected, to death, and photographing them “with their stomachs cut open.” She was inspired by the movie “Bride of Chucky,” and has a tattoo of the character on her arm. (2015)

“Randomly stabbing the body of a dying human brought me pleasure comparable to sexual pleasure.”

***
Margaret McCloskey – New York, N. Y. – child care provider, at least three babies died (1876)

Mrs. Clifford found the youngest child apparently dying from starvation, and was told by one of the women that Mrs. McCloskey had been angry because the other infant had been removed, and had struck the little one, saying:

“Let it die; it’s paid for.”

***
Lydia Olah – Nagyrev, Hungary – sister of serial killer Suzi Olah, co-conspirator in husband-killing syndicate which killed scores (perhaps hundreds), of victims mostly married men at the behest of wives (1929)

“We are not assassins! We did not stab our husbands. We did not hang them or drown them either! They died from poison and this was a pleasant death for them!”

***
Anujka de Poshtonja (Anna Pistova) – Vladimirovac, Yugoslavia (Serbia) – Sold poison for the murder of primarily husbands to women for 50 years before being arrested at the age of 90. She was known as “The Witch of Vladimirovac.” (1928)

To a young police sergeant: “I work with the devil, young man. If you imprison me you’ll remember it to your dying day. Don’t play with the forces of evil.”

***
Marie Emilie Raymond – Galan, Hautes-Pyrénées, France – serial killer nurse (1952)
“I love looking at dying people. The last smile on a dying face gives me a great thrill.” “The dying, they’re so inspiring.”

***
► Dr. Virginia Helena Soares de Souza – Brazil  – doctor suspected of being responsible for the deaths of up to 300 of her patients (2013)

“I want to clear the intensive care unit. It’s making me itch” (statement obtained via wiretap recordings.)

***
Della Sorenson – Dannenborg, Nebraska – murdered 8 relatives, including 3 of her own children (1925)

“They bothered me, so I decided to kill them.”

“Every time I gave poison to one of Mrs. Cooper’s children, I said to myself, “Now I’m going to get even with you (Mrs. Cooper) for what you have said about me,” the confession said.

***
Josefa Szanyi (Josephine Tzany) – Budapest, Hungary – an avowed predatory misandrist who sought out men, mostly married ones, to seduce and then murder, 12 of them. (1926)

“I am an enemy of the male sex. Years ago a man wronged me deeply and broke my girl’s heart. I vowed to be revenged on him and his sex. I have kept my word, for I have made men suffer something of what I have suffered. They may say I am responsible for the death of these men, and they may even take my life for what they call my crime. If they do I shall be glad to die with the knowledge that I have paid my debt in full. I do not deny that I have derived pleasure from the sufferings of the men they call my victims. I have enjoyed every pang they suffered, every agony they endured. Pangs and agony have been balm to my wounded and bruised heart. My one regret is that I was not able to strike directly at the man who wronged me.”

***
Lillian B. Thornman – York, Pennsylvania – A 15-year old servant girl murdered a child who was “roasted from head to toe” by placing the youngster on the stove. She had murdered 2 children the same way previously. (1906)

Lillian Thornman’s  confession contained this remarkable statement: “I am a devil and I will burn them.”

***
Lise Jane Turner – Christchurch, New Zealand – 2 own babies, 1 other baby & 4 other attempts (1984)

“I thought, okay. I never got caught for [the first baby's] death, I don't want this child, how am I gonna get rid of it, you know, so I smothered her the same way as I did with [the first baby].”

***
1903 – Elisabeth Wiese – Hamburg, Germany

Children’s blood and the blood of white doves brings good luck.”

“The carbon residue resulting from the burning of a placenta brings good luck.”

***
Martha Wise – Hardscrabble Valley, Ohio – murdered 3 persons (1925)

“I liked their funerals. I could get dressed up and see folks and talk to them. I didn’t miss a funeral in twenty years. The only fun I ever had was after I kilt people.”

***
Maria Zwanziger – Bavaria, Germany – murdered at least 3 persons (1809)

She stated: “Yes, I killed them all and would have killed more if I had the chance.” Then she referred to arsenic as her “truest friend.” Before being beheaded in July 1811, she told her executors “It is perhaps better for the community that I should die, as it would be impossible for me to give up the practice of poisoning people.”

***

http://time.com/2921491/hope-solo-women-violence/




, “The Surprising Truth About Women and Violence,” TIME,
June 25, 2014

***

***

1 comment: